Saturday 17 October 2009

Googling yourself and Devil's Kiss soundtrack

The two things are related, sort of. Before we get all excited that Sarwat has some interesting news, well I don't. Beyond that it's very nice being back home and I'm slowly getting my thoughts on the recent tour in some order.
Okay, I have googled myself. It's a bit of a dirty secret amongst writers (I suspect, don't know for sure, that's because it's a secret) but I will put my hand up and admit I used to do it.
I've lost count of the hours/days/weeks I've lost checking FB/Twitter/Youtube/whatever (but especially Youtube) when I should have been writing.
Fortunately my local cafe is one of the few places left on Earth which doesn't have Wi-Fi so that's where I base myself Monday to Friday. It's my office. No internet, no distractions. Hence there'll be a slight lag in Blogs (unless there is something earth-shattering to report).
Ha, of course I get the irony that here I am, on the Internet, but hey, logic is a problem for other people, I embrace my contradictory nature! I'm just trying to spend less time floating aimlessly in the ether. Writing's particulary bad, being dropped in front of the computer day in day out and before you know it it's winter and you've missed all the sunshine.
Lift your head up, once in a while.
Writing, writing, writing. What? Thanks for asking.
Next up is a short story called 'Billi's Date'. I've always wanted to try my hand at romantic comedy, and this isn't it. It'll come as no surprise to anyone the short story will be violent and troublesome and not resolve itself particularly happily. But it's Billi's attempt to have a 'normal' life, just for one night. Stay tuned but you should have it next month.
Okay, the soundtrack. The pupils at JFK Middle School, Plainfield, clearly have way too much time on their hands but have very generously put together a soundtrack for Devil's Kiss. I'm listening to it right now and while it would be highly illegal to attach it here, let me at least give you the play list:
1. So Cold (Breaking Benjamin)
2. Halo Theme (Marty O'Donnell & Michael Salva).
3. One Girl Revultion (Superchick). If ever a song summed up Billi SanGreal, this is it. Whoever picked this, my eternal thanks and I'll name my next child after you.
4. Panic Attack (Dream Theatre)
5. Decode (Paramore). Apparently it's also in the Twilight soundtrack but I'll forgive you.
6. Angel (Sarah McLachlan)
7. Master of Puppets (Metallica). I'm more of a Motorhead fan, but this works.
8. It's My Life (Bon Jovi).
9. Bring Me to Life (Evanescence). Wasn't this in Daredevil, with Electra being all bad-ass? I like to think Electra as a kind of 'big-sister' to Billi. I loved the old Frank Miller Daredevils!
10. Numb (Linkin Park). Awesome. Really excellent choice.
11. Mad World (Gary Jules with Michael Andrews). Great change of pace.
12. Duel of Fates. It's Stars Wars! The best fight scene of any movie, EVAH (though the battle in the school hallway in Grosse Point Blank is pretty amazing and a very close second. But it didn't have lightsabres. I don't know about you but I cannot wait until they invent lightsabres).
13. New Divide (Linkin Park). What a way to end.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Mr. Chadda,

The JFK soundtrack was made of the best songs of the ones chosen by my fellow classmates. "One Girl Revolution" was chosen by a friend of mine and I am waiting to ensure she was the one that had chosen it. I myself enjoy your comment on "Duel of the Fates" (seeing as I chose the song) and am glad to hear you enjoy the soundtrack. On behalf of my fellow 8th grade class, I thank you for visiting our school and making it an unforgettable experience for everyone.

8th Grade Soundtrack Member,
M. Moy

Anonymous said...

First off I'd like to say thank you for visiting our school, John F Kennedy. You gave us a once in a lifetime experience that we will never forget and I enjoyed your presentation very much. My Language Arts class helped make the soundtrack. I chose the song "One Girl Revoultion" by Superchic(k) and I am so glad that you liked it. The song does represent Billie in so many ways and that is why I chose it. Again, thank you for visiting our school and I hope you had a great time.

8th Grader at JFK,
Katlyn B.

Kathryn Evans said...

How brilliant - what creative children - a career in media awaits...

Anita Marion Loughrey said...

Why Google yourself, when You can set up a Google alert and get someone else to do it for you? Everytime my name appears on the web I get a message telling me straight into my Inbox. It saves so much time! LOL!
OK - My secret is out too.

SarwatC said...

Hey JFKers,
My two girls love the soundtrack too and One Girl Revolution is a hit across the board. Thanks, Katlyn and hope I can come over next year (hint, hint!).
Anita, The whole point is to avoid myself. Google alert is exactly the sort of thing I don't want!