Wednesday 9 July 2008

General ramblings...

Finished the latest rewrite of the Devil's Kiss. Unlike most, instead of cutting I've enlarged the book by 10,000 well-chosen and highly important words. Many spelt correctly!
For those with £4.40 to spare, this week's The Bookseller (4th July edition) has a brief article on Sarah Davies and Greenhouse. Buy it immediately, you know you want to. (I am too modest to mention who else is briefly refered to in said article).
Moving on...
To Christian Bale.
For those who know me even slightly, this actor features prominently in my viewing pleasure. Sufffice it to say I have a small man-crush (I think that's the correct term) on him, ever since American Psycho. Stick him on the cover of a magazine and I'll buy it. So most of my pocket money this month has gone on GQ, Total Film, Film Review (where he's been chosen as the BEST ACTOR ALIVE), Empire. Add to the fact Batman is my FAVORITE hero, well it just proves there is a God.
I even loved Equilibrium. Gun kata, how cool is that?
I even forced all my mates to see New World with me. Granted he's only in it for about five minutes, but hey, that was enough!
Roll on the Dark Knight...

6 comments:

Jon M said...

Adding words? adding? Madame Corner will be smacking your wrist young man!!!

I can't wait for Batman either...

SarwatC said...

I know, but the first version was only 41,000 words, too lean to be healthy, just one long sugar rush of activity. Full of preservatives and artificial colourings. The new version is a much more healthy meal of violence, religion, true love, false love, violence, Oedipal rivalries, architecture, mass murder and more violence. I wrote it for my daughters.

Jon M said...

Sounds far more wholesome and crunchy and to admire the architecture between the violence, such panache!

Anonymous said...

hello again. haven't visited for a while - m issed the long ramblings between you and jon about hairy bottoms. hmm. interesting focal point. i like your new cleancut photo btw.and now the christian bale man crush?

who is christian bale?

btw likewise in revision. i have only two words to say. ARGH!

SarwatC said...

Candy,
I can only hope (nay, pray) that you're joking when you say you don't know who Christian Bale is.
Spoke to my divine editor this morning who said I still had some way to go before I was into the mind-set of a 15 year old girl, the POV caharcter of the book.
Hmm...apparently being able to fight like a girl doesn't qualify. Will attacke the ms with my red pen next week.

SarwatC said...

And use spell check.